... players & admins
... nade / m320 / RPG / SMAW spam
... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

New balancing system

Postby Boon_NY » Tue 20 Oct, 2015 7:47 pm

Hello guys,

am I right you're using a new balancing system on your servers lately? Something like squad balancing if i'm not mistaking.
Don't get me wrong, I like your server a lot (might be the reason i played over 1400 rounds on it haha) but lately the balance is kinda crappy :/ (new squad leader thingy is working great, like passing the lead etc.)
The teams barely seem to scramble, at least we couldnt notice any difference in the teams for couple of rounds.

Or did we just miss it? with the old system we could see the teams being mixed at the end (if the ticket difference was too big).

Do you consinder going back to your old balancer or are you happy with the new one? maybe you could give me a bit of feedback on how you see it and probably how the balancer is working now.

Thanks in advance and see you on the battlefield.
Boon_NY

Re: New balancing system

Postby EBassie » Tue 20 Oct, 2015 8:06 pm

Hey Boon_NY,

We have disabled most features of our custom balancer in favour of the new "build-in server DICE balancer".
The reason for this is simple: We cannot turn off the new DICE Balancer.

And we don't want to have two balancers active doing the same, which may result in players being bounced back and forth between teams.

Our custom balancer is still active, but only balances players to make teams even in player count.
The DICE balancer does all the rest, like:

1. Making sure players join the team where needed (based on skill): While being able to play with friends.
2. Balance teams skill on round end / start based on skill (works like scrambling)

I don't think balance started to suck since we (had to) change this.
In fact there seem to be more really close rounds this way, then we had with our own custom balancer.

Also, the balancer is causing less whining from players who want to play with friends.

So... as long as we cannot disable the DICE Balancer and balance does not seem to be worse as before, we are not going to change the current settings.

With regards,

EB
EBassie
Leader

Postby Boon_NY » Tue 20 Oct, 2015 8:18 pm

thanks for the quick response.
Well we felt like it was worse, we lost like 20 roudns in a row and that never happened to us, but it's only our personal opinion. Soooo we have to deal with it now haha :D
kinda stuipd though DICE forces you to use it,but that's another point.
anyhow, still like your server and will continue to play on it. keep up the good work!
Boon_NY

Postby Boon_NY » Tue 20 Oct, 2015 8:50 pm

another question about that squad leader thing. we just tried to use the vote new leader command. how many votes does it take to get a new squad leader? we were 4 guys in the squad, 3 voted and it still failed?
Boon_NY

Postby EBassie » Tue 20 Oct, 2015 9:25 pm

Boon_NY wrote:another question about that squad leader thing. we just tried to use the vote new leader command. how many votes does it take to get a new squad leader? we were 4 guys in the squad, 3 voted and it still failed?

I answered this ingame already, but for others that want to know the answer to this excellent question...

The answer is.... drums please ....

;)
EBassie
Leader

Postby Boon_NY » Wed 21 Oct, 2015 7:42 pm

me again. Just wanted to let you guys know i made a donation again. would be great if you could enable a VIP slot! :)
Boon_NY

Postby EBassie » Wed 21 Oct, 2015 7:45 pm

Boon_NY wrote:me again. Just wanted to let you guys know i made a donation again. would be great if you could enable a VIP slot! :)

Thanks for your continued support!
Your VIP slot has been activated.

EB
EBassie
Leader