11 Clan Member panel

Member Login

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

TheOneFinn banned by auto admin

TheOneFinn banned by auto admin

Postby TheOneFinn » Sun 24 Nov, 2013 12:00 am

I was just banned with this message

Game disconnected: you were kicked by an admin. Stated reason: YOU ARE BANNED: TheOneFinn 4 screenshots requested, 0 received. [Auto-Admin]

I dont know what it means?
TheOneFinn

Re: TheOneFinn banned by auto admin

Postby EBassie » Sun 24 Nov, 2013 2:57 pm

Hello TheOneFinn,

You got banned by our automated admin for not producing Punkbuster screenshots.
We requested 4 screenshots and your game gave us no screenshot back.

80% of the time this means the player uses a screenshot blocker.

I will take a look at the logs and your gamestats from the games you played on our server before I decide what to do with this ban.

Will get back to you.
EBassie
Leader

Postby TheOneFinn » Sun 24 Nov, 2013 3:17 pm

I don't even know how to block a screenshot, I've only been playing a couple of weeks, and I'm not that good, if I was cheating I'd be a lot better! Hopefully you'll see that from the stats. Thanks.
TheOneFinn

Postby EBassie » Sun 24 Nov, 2013 9:45 pm

TheOneFinn wrote:I don't even know how to block a screenshot, I've only been playing a couple of weeks, and I'm not that good, if I was cheating I'd be a lot better! Hopefully you'll see that from the stats. Thanks.

Well, our automated script does not know you don't know how to block screenshots. It just checks on screenshots and you did not produce a single one.

I suggest you check if your Punkbuster is up to date with "PBsetup.exe". Just google it.

Nevertheless, your ban has been removed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
EBassie
Leader

Postby TheOneFinn » Mon 25 Nov, 2013 10:40 am

First of all, thank-you for unbanning me!

Secondly, I'd like to clarify a few details if possible to strive to avoid being banned again in the future.

I've never installed PunkBuster before, I vaguely remember that there was an option in the BF3 installer to install it which I'm pretty sure I left selected. I certainly assumed so as I've been playing on servers which I think have pb on for the last few weeks.

Anyway, I've downloaded and run pbsetup on my work pc (I play at lunchtimes at work) and it gave me a message about never having been run before. I then clicked add game and added battlefield3, and it then downloaded some updates and then added an entry for bf3. Is this correct? I'll do the same thing at home later on.

I'm not sure if something is broken as if I run it again I get the exact same sequence of messages. About it never having been run before and I once again have to add battlefield3, although this time after that step it tells me its up to date.

I dont really know much about this stuff and just want to do whatever I need to to be able to play without getting banned :)
TheOneFinn

Postby TheOneFinn » Mon 25 Nov, 2013 10:10 pm

Well that didnt work :(

I ran pbsetup at home and at work, updated both to the latest versions. I played around 50 mins at lunchtime at work fine, I've just been banned again while playing at home for the screenshot thing again :(

I dont know what else I'm supposed to do? I'm certainly not running any scripts, just bf3 premium on my (gaming) laptop. Can it be a connection issue? I'm behind a NAT in both places.
TheOneFinn

Postby EBassie » Mon 25 Nov, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi, I removed the ban again.

I don't know what you can do to make sure you DO produce screenshots though...
We (our scripts) only see you don't produce them and bans the account.
EBassie
Leader

Postby TheOneFinn » Tue 26 Nov, 2013 9:26 am

Can you clarify if you have received any screenshots from me? I'm hoping you at least got some while I was playing from work, If so I'll limit to only playing on your server at work until I can see about working out why my laptop doesnt produce them.

Google said it might be a driver issue. I'll try updating the drivers to see if that helps. Unfortunately googling mostly gives those scripts you were talking about and very little information on how to get it working. It seems like its mostly supposed to "just work". PB's website is quite frankly pretty unhelpful for clients. I'll also need to figure out a way of testing without getting banned in the process.

Thanks for your help in this matter, your one of only 3 UK metro only servers and I keep getting kicked from one of the others for high ping, if there is any way I can get this working I'd like to.
TheOneFinn