... players & admins
... nade / m320 / RPG / SMAW spam
... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

The Word Filter on BF3

Postby beatupoldbuick » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 5:19 pm

Hey guys,

I'm actually really happy with your BF3 servers, and have been playing a lot on 'em lately. Thanks for offering that service. Good job. There's just one small thing that's bothering me, and that's the word filter you're running on it. I used the word "Jew" in a totally non-offensive way, and was kicked out of the game with a warning that next time I'd be banned. The word Jew is not a swear word, and automatically assuming that it is is at least as offensive as actually using the word to offend people, if it isn't more offensive.

That's all. Happy gunning.
beatupoldbuick

Re: The Word Filter on BF3

Postby EBassie » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi beatupoldbuick,

thanks for your input.
The problem here is that the word "jew" is 99% used in an offensive / racist / anti-Semitic way.

We don't tolerate any form of racism on our servers.

But you have a point, I will change it to 'a warn first, then kick' policy.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
EBassie
Leader

Postby Carny_Pete » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm with beatupoldbuick here, I enjoy your servers and play them alot, now managed to drag my sorry ass upto the 24th slot on your leader boards. It would appear that there is still no warning for the use of the word "jew" i was instantly kicked when i used the word in a none offensive manner. Is there any chance you could post a list of banned words? or should we just not use the chat box to be on the safe side? Keep up the good work, I will look forward to many more hours of fun on your server!

Cheers

Carny
Carny_Pete

Postby Loki » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 7:10 pm

A non offensive manner?
Come on dude ... maybe I'm a little sensitive but for me is that an Insult.

2013-12-23 17:44:05 - Carny_Pete - Global - did jews ever use GP30??

.... and about M320/GP 30: viewtopic.php?f=183&t=1659 :mrgreen:

Now you know that "jew" is an forbidden word and you can avoid it ... everything's cool! ;)

Regards
Loki
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Postby Carny_Pete » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 7:24 pm

lol i didn't use the word "jew" as a comnplaint about being killed nor was my intention to offend, it was to question another players use of it as he stated "GP30 jew" which I would agree is offensive. and big LOL at you bringing up that thread, I DO know about M320/GP30 and I do not use them on your servers (any more). What other words should I avoid? So I dont get kicked again.

Carny
Carny_Pete

Postby cake-end » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 7:47 pm

I have to agree with Pete here. His response was to a comment made somebody else just before. Some other player said 'gp-30 jew' or similar, his response was to this comment and is not offensive when read in context. Maybe you should check the logs and ban the turd who said it originally.

I also play a lot on your servers and generally enjoy it, however the auto kick for m320 smoke kills is daft to say the least.

Cheers,
Cake
cake-end

Postby Loki » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 8:01 pm

Hmmm ... I believe you that you did not want to insult but please don't forget that you play on european (11Clan) servers. Maybe on US and UK servers it's not a problem to denote someone as a "Jew" ... I dont know it ... but in Europe it has a bitter taste to denote someone on this kind.

Ok ... it's may be an personally thing for me and I will not go into that.

About the "Bad Word Filters" I will talk with our Head Admin EBassie, maybe we can set a warning before we kick.

Have still fun on our servers and contact us again if you have problems!

Regards
Loki

PS: I know that the UK counts to Europe. ;)
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Postby cake-end » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 8:08 pm

loki,

Thanks for the reply, but I never said anything, I mealy observed the situation and am supporting Pete on this. You can leave the Bad Word Filters on, but you should check the chat logs and ban the guy who did make the remarks in the first place.

Any racist/homophobic comments should be treated the same, ban the guys who said them.

Thanks again,
Cake
cake-end

Postby Loki » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 8:13 pm

No prob cake I know, you're only come "between us" with your answer.
English is not my native language and so I need a little more time for my answers. ;)
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Postby cake-end » Mon 23 Dec, 2013 8:15 pm

Loki,

I also realise that English is not your primary language, but this comment you made needs editing

Loki wrote:'Hmmm ... I believe you that you did not want to insult but please don't forget that you play on european (11Clan) servers. Maybe on US and UK servers it's not a problem to denote someone as a "Jew" ... I dont know it ... but in Europe it has a bitter taste to denote someone on this kind.'

This implies that calling someone a 'jew' is a bad thing because jewish people are bad. Jews are not bad people, but this remark does not do you justice. However, insulting the 'jews' is certainly in bad taste.

Sorry, just trying to help you out a little.

Cheers,
Cake
cake-end

Next