... players & admins
... nade / m320 / RPG / SMAW spam
... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

DTHbyFILBY (AKA FILBY83) ... Admin and server resets

Postby DTHbyFILBY » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 6:20 pm

Great server.

According to the server banner im 30 of 3000 people, so i do play quite a bit.

First, not sure if its auto admin, if it is this swapping people mid round has to stop, the message "*****" moved for balance is rubbish.

Please reset the server more often as it leads to netcode problems the longer it runs.

Please pleeeeees, turn of the map vote system and just let the server roll over to the next map in line, having to play floodzone over and over again just to suit the snipers is crap.

also space the new maps out, these crappy maps are so big if there together your stuck in hour long games back to back.

Is there a better way of scrabling teams before the starts of rounds ? as more and more if your on the loosing team you can losse every game round after round
DTHbyFILBY
Banned

Re: Admin and server resets

Postby EBassie » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 6:52 pm

DTHbyFILBY wrote:Great server.

According to the server banner im 30 of 3000 people, so i do play quite a bit.

Hi and thanks. We do our best.

DTHbyFILBY wrote:First, not sure if its auto admin, if it is this swapping people mid round has to stop, the message "*****" moved for balance is rubbish.

Teams need to be balanced, also mid-rounds.
If we don't do that you WILL see many more onesided games.
And... even more people will whine about unbalanced / stacked teams. So... that's not an option.

DTHbyFILBY wrote:Please reset the server more often as it leads to netcode problems the longer it runs.

That's just not correct.
The server runs on topnotch hardware and the memory leak bugs have been fixed weeks ago.
And to be fair: with all the crashes and server patches the server gets a restarts every 36 hours.

DTHbyFILBY wrote:Please pleeeeees, turn of the map vote system and just let the server roll over to the next map in line, having to play floodzone over and over again just to suit the snipers is crap.

Nope, the voting stays. You just have to make sure you (and your friends) vote.

DTHbyFILBY wrote:also space the new maps out, these crappy maps are so big if there together your stuck in hour long games back to back.

Again, there is a votingsystem for that. We, the owners of the server, like to play the new maps as well.

DTHbyFILBY wrote:Is there a better way of scrabling teams before the starts of rounds ? as more and more if your on the loosing team you can losse every game round after round

There is a scrambler when the previous game has been one-sided (ticket difference too big). But also the gameserver itself does a lot of balancing mid-round (putting friends together and just evening out the teams player wise)

There is not much more we can do about that. Also +/- 50% of the matches end in a ticket difference of less than 300.
So, the balancing is OK in my book.
EBassie
Leader

Postby DTHbyFILBY » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 7:18 pm

50% of the games im in end up 0-500 so thats my poor team taking just 300 tickets away in over 45 mins.

These new maps are poor, too big and hopeless for anybody who like infantry, Take far too long to complete.

If i log onto battle log, other than siege of shanghai which people hate after the beta, Golmud and then new maps cause a mass exodus from the server, the balance system then seams to put all the snipers on one team and the objective based players on the other, i join and get put on the empty team full of snipers and get steamed for 5 rounds.

The map vote system is stupid really why have people join based on a list of maps only to never play them, and get stuck on constant flood zone or the new maps
DTHbyFILBY
Banned

Postby EBassie » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 7:46 pm

It's simply NOT TRUE, so maybe you're just unlucky.
The round stats are usually great and all maps are getting played in the course of the day.
It's not Flood Zone after Flood Zone.

In fact:
Flood Zone has only been played ONCE today. It was played 4 times yesterday. 4 times the day before yesterday.

I do think I know what I'm talking about as I've got all the statistics.

And frankly, I'm not particularly keen on random people telling me how to run OUR game server: The ONE WE PAY HUNDREDS OF EUROS for.

I've been head-admin of this clan since the release of BF:BC2, have direct contact with DICE on regular basis (at least once a week) and I am staffmember of the Procon team.

So please, don't treat me for some fool.

If you don't like the maplist and the votemap system; sorry, but that is your problem.
Maybe you should find another server that suits your needs better.
EBassie
Leader

Postby DTHbyFILBY » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 8:14 pm

Good for you, your a real pro.

Im sure there is something in the game load screen about getting in touch for feedback via web.

I have done that, and also been greeted with a very poor attitude, i was making suggestions, i was not telling you anything, its really nice to know how repeated players on your server are greeted with such disdain.

Anybody who contacted you form a game would be a"Random" as you put it, and saying for feedback and quoting the clan sight and only to be shut down on first comment and told to fuck off in not so many words is stupid
DTHbyFILBY
Banned

Postby EBassie » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 8:22 pm

DTHbyFILBY wrote:Good for you, your a real pro.

Yeah, sarcasm.... that's gonna help.

DTHbyFILBY wrote:Im sure there is something in the game load screen about getting in touch for feedback via web.

I have done that, and also been greeted with a very poor attitude, i was making suggestions, i was not telling you anything, its really nice to know how repeated players on your server are greeted with such disdain.

Dude seriously, I gave you a normal answer in my first reply. Maybe it's not the answers you hoped for, but those are decent answers while I have all facts and figures of our server.

Also, not telling me what to do? Are you sure?
DTHbyFILBY wrote:if it is this swapping people mid round has to stop, the message "*****" moved for balance is rubbish.

DTHbyFILBY wrote:Anybody who contacted you form a game would be a"Random" as you put it, and saying for feedback and quoting the clan sight and only to be shut down on first comment and told to fuck off in not so many words is stupid

You continued to doubt my facts. I set you straight. It's simple.
You're also pretty much overreacting here as I never told you to fuck off.
EBassie
Leader

Postby Loki » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi DTHbyFILBY

Thanks for contacting us and for your opinion.
If you have a Problem how we administrate our Servers I'd like to introduce you a new game, it's called "Good Admin, Bad Admin".

Until this post you have met our good Admin EBassie and now you met me, the bad one.
So ... you are banned for "You're not welcome anymore" on all -11- Servers!

Have a nice life
Regards Loki

PS: Maybe an excuse will help to unban you!

!
Two threads merged after this post.
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Il stay Banned

Postby DTHbyFILBY » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 8:53 pm

Il stay banned Loki, if this is your idea of friendly 7 years worth of service you can shove it.

Hope one of you does have a very friendly thing going with dice, i shall be reporting you to both DICE and EA, very disapointed that i came to your server and liked it.

You changed it all up with this map vote and a few other things that ruined my expirence with your server, i got in touch and got treated like shit.

Very disapointed that a group of "Friendly" gamers treat people like this who just thought he may be able to help
DTHbyFILBY
Banned

Re: Il stay Banned

Postby Loki » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 8:56 pm

Yepp, please report us to EA/DICE and please give them the link to this Topic too!

Have a nice life.
Loki
Leader in Retirement

Re: Il stay Banned

Postby EBassie » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 9:01 pm

WTF are you talking about? Mapvote has been active since first week after launch!

Are you going to complain to DICE that we added the DLC Maps?
Are you going to complain your team sucks every round?
Are you going to complain there are too many snipers?
Are you going to complain we failed to balance the server?
Are you going to complain I answered all your questions, but you did not like the answers?
Are you fucking shitting me?

Report us, do it. We don't breach any rules that are set for server owners.

I answered your questions / suggestions. It's not MY problem you don't like those answers.

You are just an example of what's wrong with Online Gaming:
You demand shit, but you're not paying the monthly bills.

When you play on our servers, you are a guest in OUR HOUSE. OUR RULES. OUR SERVER SETTINGS.
We decide how we run our servers. And we treat each other with respect. Something you clearly lack.

I answered your first post with facts in a normal fashion.

If you don't like it: Play elsewhere (or even better: rent your own server).
We don't need self-righteous whiners like you.
EBassie
Leader

Next