Don't balance players to the losing team as the round ends

... players & admins
... nade / m320 / RPG / SMAW spam
... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

Don't balance players to the losing team as the round ends

Postby ShrykeAbyss » Fri 23 Jan, 2015 9:10 pm

As title, I was playing with friends on the conquest server tonight, and I get balanced to the losing team about 30 seconds before the round ends. Why do this? Just let the round end and re balance the teams before the next round.
ShrykeAbyss

Re: Don't balance players to the losing team as the round en

Postby EBassie » Fri 23 Jan, 2015 9:23 pm

Hey ShrykeAbyss,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
This should not be happening, since we have set the balancer to stop balancing when the round is almost over (60 ticks remaining).

Will see if I can find some info in the logs of why this has happened.
Maybe it's a bug in the balancer. We have not received other reports about this behaviour though.
Neither have I seen these balance moves happen in the past.

With regards,

EB

EDIT:

Looking at the server chatlogs, I don't see this balance move. Your last balance move was on January 15th:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '2015-01-15 20:47:05 Server Global *** MOVED ShrykeAbyss for balance ...')

Did you maybe join the server on a friend? Then possibly the gameserver moved you to the other team, so you and your friend could play together?

EDIT 2:
Some more logs:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
Playerlist 01/23/2015 20:01:31 PlayerSwitchedTeams ShrykeAbyss switched from Russian Army to US Army
')

When our balancer moves a player, it will show as PlayerMovedByAdmin, not as PlayerSwitchedTeams.
This log entry suggests that you made the move yourself. I'm not sure what the logfiles would show when the server balances you to a friend. So as stated above, that might have been the case...?

All I can say with 100% certainty is that this is not our (or the balancer's) fault. We did not move you.
EBassie
Leader

Postby ShrykeAbyss » Fri 23 Jan, 2015 9:37 pm

Here is the match report: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ba ... 425000854/

I was with my friends on the CN team, and got moved to the US team with about 30 tickets left. It was definitely not me who initiated the move.
ShrykeAbyss

Postby EBassie » Fri 23 Jan, 2015 9:39 pm

Well, like I said: It was definitely not us who initiated the move either... The logfiles show that.

So I have no idea why you were suddenly moved.
EBassie
Leader