... players & admins
... nade / m320 / RPG / SMAW spam
... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

Complaint against admin XXXXXX

Postby aUsername » Fri 06 Feb, 2015 12:37 am

Hello,

I would like to make a complaint against the admin "XXXXXXX"'s behaviour on the server "=11= Clan #1/2 - CONQUEST - ALL MAPS - DICE Friends" tonight (around 22.45-23.15 CET/UTC+1). When he came online he instantly started randomly kicking players for very poor reasons, this included VIP players as well. When asked about the kicks the responses were in general rude, and he openly stated he was kicking people because he was personally in a bad mood.

This kind of behaviour from server admins is extremely disruptive. I do not understand why this person is allowed as a server admin with this kind of behaviour, as he shows he is clearly not fit for this responsibility. I generally enjoy playing on this server, but when admins behave like this it makes the gaming experience on your servers very poor indeed.

Edit EBassie:
Name admin known by staff.
aUsername

Re: Complaint against admin XXXXXX

Postby EBassie » Fri 06 Feb, 2015 1:32 am

Hi TheRainbowDragon,

Reading the chatlogs now and it seems there was some tension between this admin and some players.
This should never be the case on our servers, so for that I apologize.

FYI: I've already lifted the bans before I saw your post.

However, having said the above: please don't act holier than the pope as I (yes I) kicked you earlier this evening for being disrespectful after you cried round after round about the balance and being not so friendly in general.

Trolling and annoying an admin can sometimes result in this. Unfortunately WE are also just human. We also make mistakes in the heat of the battle.

So please, there is no need to cause extra drama over this. If you want to stir up our server, fine. But then I will also lay all your actions under a microscope in the future.

With regards,

EB / Mr.S
EBassie
Leader

Postby aUsername » Fri 06 Feb, 2015 1:46 am

It should be clear I was disrespectful only in retaliation to other players being disrespectful to me. While this is not ideal from my side, trolling and annoying players can result in this as well. There was no such instigation towards the admin prior to his behaviour though, if he was being trolled beforehand I could have understood it more. There was also no grounds for his unreasonable responses when queried about the kicks, as these were made with no disrespect or trolling at all - when asked about issues in a calm and clear way an admin should be expected to respond in kind. Further, admin actions have a much larger and direct effect on the game than player chat.

It is not my intent to cause any "drama" at all, raising a genuine issue with a server admin must be allowed without this being seen as a provocation. I hope the issue is looked into.
aUsername

Postby EBassie » Fri 06 Feb, 2015 2:03 am

aUsername wrote:I hope the issue is looked into.

It is.

But then again, you are a smooth talker. You like to argue with other people. You do the same when you play on our server. And now YOU seem to know how WE should run OUR server and how we should behave as admins.

Sometimes we (admins / server owners) are tired of all the whining and cursing we get thrown at us.
Sometimes enough is enough and than a kick / ban happens, unfortunately.

I already explained to you in my previous post this should not have happened. But it happened.
We don't run our popular servers this way. Sometimes WE also make mistakes. We are almost human....

Hell, I even apologized for the behaviour of one of our admins, while you were not even a party in this conflict. What more do you want?

Want to play the concerned citizen for some reason?
You have played 90 rounds on that server, so you should know this is just an 'incedent': we run a tight server. You're making it bigger than it is.

Or maybe you just want to argue for the sake of the argument?
Sorry, but if that's the case I will close or remove this topic.

With regards,

EB
EBassie
Leader

Postby aUsername » Fri 06 Feb, 2015 2:09 am

Please don't take my response the wrong way, I do not want to argue for the sake of it. It is simply the case that disruptive admin behaviour is about the most destructive thing that can occur on a server, so I think it is important for it to be examined closely. Since you are doing so, I will say thank you for that.
aUsername

Postby EBassie » Fri 06 Feb, 2015 2:10 am

Thanks for your concern... but we're good here.

- closed -
EBassie
Leader