... players & admins
... nade / m320 / RPG / SMAW spam
... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

Team scrambler on conquest server

Postby fashric » Thu 28 May, 2015 6:36 pm

Hey Clan =11=,

Firstly I wanna thank you for providing some great servers for the BF4 community to play on! Secondly please don't take this as a noob just whining for the sake it I'm not the best but I'm a team player and do pull my weight. On to the issue, I would like to ask you if it would be possible to get a team scrambler on the 64 man CQ server for rounds where the teams are obviously unbalanced skill wise. I've just come off the server after playing 4 maps that were a complete whitewash for the same team and its quite a downer knowing your team has no chance to win before the round has even started. If a team scrambler could be implemented to prevent this happening say a score difference of more than 400 between the teams could trigger it I think it would make the server better and a lot fairer for players who are not members of certain clans that totally dominate the server. Again I have played quite frequently on your server in the past but stopped playing as much on there because of this issue only last few days i've come back too see if anything had changed but sadly not. Anyway thanks for reading hope you will at least consider this as an option.

Cheers,
fashric
fashric

Re: Team scrambler on conquest server

Postby EBassie » Thu 28 May, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi fash_ric,

We already scramble teams when the ticket difference is higher than 250 tickets.

With regards,

EB
EBassie
Leader

Postby fashric » Thu 28 May, 2015 7:26 pm

Really? I have never seen it happen. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I play. Thanks for the reply.
fashric

Postby EBassie » Thu 28 May, 2015 7:34 pm

fashric wrote:Really? I have never seen it happen. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I play. Thanks for the reply.

When it happens, the chat shows a message just before the round ends:
*** Teams will be SCRAMBLED next round!
EBassie
Leader

Postby ProblemLKG » Sat 30 May, 2015 11:01 am

just o note for you or everyone, there sometimes might be a problem, that squad of friends might play together and squads are usually moved together to different team, if the squad is really good, the scramble doesn't make much difference, because the only squad can win the game.

There is not much to do from the admin point of you, unfortunately 1 side has to loose and you were unfortunate to be all the time on that side.
ProblemLKG
Clan Member

Postby EBassie » Sat 30 May, 2015 12:12 pm

ProblemLKG wrote:just o note for you or everyone, there sometimes might be a problem, that squad of friends might play together and squads are usually moved together to different team, if the squad is really good, the scramble doesn't make much difference, because the only squad can win the game.

There is not much to do from the admin point of you, unfortunately 1 side has to loose and you were unfortunate to be all the time on that side.

Indeed, we keep squads together because there is nothing more annoying then playing with friends and you or your friends have been moved to the other team by the scrambler.

The scrambler we use is doing a pretty good job when needed. After scrambling the teams are really even when looking at rank, KDR, Score per Minute (of previous match) and skill.

We try to balance the game as much as we possibly can without annoying players too much, but we really cannot prevent players camping / not PTFO-ing which is usually the case when a match is one-sided.
EBassie
Leader

Postby fashric » Sun 31 May, 2015 6:38 pm

Ah thats probably why I never noticed it (lets ignore me being blind enough to miss the on screen message!:D) Just glancing at the scoreboard and seeing the top 4-8 players dominating again its easy to assume that there wasn't a scramble. I appreciate that of course its impossible to always be balanced and the way you are doing it now seems very fair. Thanks again!
fashric

Postby EBassie » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 2:05 am

I did notice something today with the server though.
There were 3 rounds in a row where the balancer wanted / needed to scramble on round change but failed.

It failed because no player left the server after the round, so there were no slots available to do the moving of the players.
Unfortunately DICE removed the "Team Neutral" faction after Bad Company 2, so we need at least 1 free slot to be able to scramble.

So when the server is full with 64 players, we have no way of moving players. I haven't seen this happen before though :)

It looks like our server gets more popular every day. A queue of 18-20 is almost normal on prime time :)
EBassie
Leader