... nade / m320 / RPG / SMAW spam
... server scripts
... problems with TeamSpeak
... anything else on our servers

Chainlink limits?

Postby diabloxxyy » Wed 15 Jul, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi guys,

A question for the guys on the forum and admins aswell:

I was wondering, if you guys though about setting any weapon amount limit for the Chainlink server. There are times (usually between 19-22) where for example on propaganda there's a lot of sniping going on.
Or other example, why ppl sometimes rage is the shotgun on Pearl Market situation. After the latest patch the map uses to look more like a Jazz Jackrabit game.. On one side the shotgun users and on the other guys who try to jump away from the line of shotgun fire.. :D

I think I saw somewhere on the forum, or notes that the admin guys (btw.: you guys do great work!!!) are trying to leave the play/rules as open as they can, so that any player can use whenever he wants and likes. That is great and I understand that. On the other hand, I believe ppl more like to play with guns that are not generally taken as let's say camper (sniper) or easyshooter (auto-shotgun) weapons and sometimes it really feels like who can better avoid the bullets from the kingdom of far-far-away only to end-up getting one shoted by a shotgun :D .

Now this maybe just me feeling it that way (cuz I use to die a lot), but I wanted to know your opinion on this. Or setting the limits until they nerf the guns?

Let me know your thoughts..

Thanks and Regards,
me
diabloxxyy
Trial Clan Member

Re: Chainlink limits?

Postby EBassie » Wed 15 Jul, 2015 7:41 pm

What I dislike about limiting the amount of shotguns (or other weapons) is that some people CAN use them and others can NOT. I think that is unfair.

When I play on servers that set a hard limit to the amount of certain weapons I leave when I can't play the weapon I wanna play.

And I dont feel to completely forbid the use of shotguns or sniper rifles...

Lumphini or Sunken Dragon with 10+ players sniping on one team simply sucks. They don't play the objective. I wish more players PTFO-ed.

The complaints about shotguns I just don't understand. Use a high rpm rifle, like the AN94, play smart and you kill the auto shotties on a very long range, before they even have the chance to one-shot you.

TLDR;
I hate to set hard limits for the amount of certain weapons per team. Players should adept and PTFO.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
EBassie
Leader

Postby diabloxxyy » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 12:41 pm

TBH I understand the thing about granting someone a gun and denying it someone else. Yes, from a point it may be unfair.
However, is it fair, when lets say our team has 6-10 snipers doing actually nothing, because they really don't hit anything sitting on the train or the building behind C on Sunken Dragon, just calling in for mortars, and the others are because of them trying to accommodate to the situation at hand? Usually that has the effect, when ppl start raging and crying against the balancer. =D

You said, that when you come to a server and can't play with a weapon you usually leave.. Yeah, understandable.. But than again, when hitting 0-1500 on 2K Ticket server that makes people leave aswell..

If all ppl would give a little thought into the play and let's say a squad would have 2 medics, 2 support and a sniper and all played the objective, me personally wouldn't mind if there would be 5 snipers sitting somewhere (ussually 5 squads/team).. Because I'd know, that on the other team the situation may be the same.

Please don't take this that I'd want to tell you how to set-up your server.. I just wanted to hear the opinion of the guys playing on the server as well as the admins..

TLDR:
I understand that, and agree with PTFO. My question would be, do more ppl leave because of the gun limit situation or the situation, that comes when a team has 10 bad campers?

Cheers,
me
diabloxxyy
Trial Clan Member

Postby VakuumKnecht » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 2:31 pm

We already had discussions about that b4 and the result always was that we think it´s better not to limit. Yes you´re right, there are some players that don´t play the objective, but if we´d limit the amount of snipers we punish aswell the snipers that play the sniper how it´s meant to be played.....

A limitation of guns makes players leave every round whereas such a "crap" round with 10 snipers on your team happens sometimes but isn´t the rules and after such a round occured, the teams will always be scrambled.

I likelier take a crap round with many leavers at once which can be filled up quickly, then a slowly bleeding out of the server.

my opinion but I´m keen to hear what the other admins say
"The price of greatness is responsibility" - Winston Churchill
VakuumKnecht
Clan Member

Postby diabloxxyy » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:13 pm

Hmm, I see your point. And I guess you guys are right. I mean, you guys do a great job keeping the servers up and full. What more, I just checked and you have the only BF4 - Chainlink Server that has players on it in Europe .. :D I don't know, whether others have limits or not.

Perhaps having no limits set is one of the reasons..

Having said that.. Did you guys thought or discussed opening one more server? Let's say for Chainlink, that would be like a mirror to the one currently running? I don't know how maxed out your servers are, nor anything about your funding, lucrativity etc. Or are you guys working/focusing more on the newly added "DLC" - Hardline ?
diabloxxyy
Trial Clan Member

Postby EBassie » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 7:57 pm

diabloxxyy wrote:Hmm, I see your point. And I guess you guys are right. I mean, you guys do a great job keeping the servers up and full. What more, I just checked and you have the only BF4 - Chainlink Server that has players on it in Europe .. :D I don't know, whether others have limits or not.

Perhaps having no limits set is one of the reasons..

Having said that.. Did you guys thought or discussed opening one more server? Let's say for Chainlink, that would be like a mirror to the one currently running? I don't know how maxed out your servers are, nor anything about your funding, lucrativity etc. Or are you guys working/focusing more on the newly added "DLC" - Hardline ?

We are not thinking about adding / buying more servers. Our three servers are costing enough time and money as it is ;)
We are not a big clan and we have no time left to administer even more servers, as we all have jobs and studies.

We also don't really focus on Hardline right now. BF4 is still our main game and will be for a long time. Just because I'm currently on vacation I did not find the time to make it 'all maps' server again, so it's currently doing the latest DLC only.

Our BF4 servers are doing very well, they are always full with a nice queue ;)
Hardline is a pain in the ass to get populated... (although I like the new DLC) and we most likely ditch it when our contract is up.
EBassie
Leader

Postby VakuumKnecht » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 9:43 pm

Well, anyways thanks for your thoughts and have fun playing on our servers :)
VakuumKnecht
Clan Member

Postby diabloxxyy » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 7:41 pm

Hey thanks.. I sure will.. Already have some friends here, and hoping to expand that list ;)

And thanks for taking time and reply, I know you guys are busy.

Hope to shoot or play with you one day..

Cheers,
Me
diabloxxyy
Trial Clan Member

Postby VakuumKnecht » Fri 17 Jul, 2015 8:11 pm

You´re free to tune into our teamspeak if you want
VakuumKnecht
Clan Member

Postby Passinero » Thu 20 Aug, 2015 6:55 pm

diabloxxyy is right with the shotguns and snipers.

To be honest, I'm one of these shotgun guys. Like one or two weeks after that patch I was so pissed by those shotguns that I decided to use them as well.

I understand you guys entirely referred to the snipers and not to punish those guys who are playing the recon class as it's meant but there is no proper use for shotguns. :D Pearl Market is a mess since the shotgun-patch. It was my favourite map before it but now it's just a huge pain in the ass and not fun anymore.
Passinero

Next